Monday, July 11, 2011

Random Thoughts, by Shellye H. Townsend

This is a post from September 15th of 2010:




I am in one of those "it just struck me funny" moods and so I have decided to share some random thoughts. Some of them are going to be strange, but bear with me.

  • Is it bad that David Bowie's make up looks better than mine?

  • Things I would have never realized in 1995: Those two guys on the Macarena video look like Tony Shalhoub and George Lopez.

  • Some of you will go to You Tube and find that video because now you're curious.

  • If doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity, then what does that make people with OCD? Meanwhile, OCD sufferers do the same thing over and over to get the same desired result, so perhaps we're the sane ones.

  • A little known fact that my friend and I learned the hard way: Women and Men should NEVER watch football together, especially if the game has been paused, and one of the women has an Iphone that is receiving Facebook updates about the same game. It doesn't end well.

  • Men and Computers: My husband has his own computer. I've come to the startling conclusion that I may never see him again. This could be a good or a bad thing.

  • Men say woman can't make a decision. Try being married to someone who has Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. My husband should be nominated for sainthood.

  • Have you ever had a sore throat so bad that you felt like you've swallowed a cheese grater?

  • Give a child a donut, they'll be hyper for hours. Give a cat a donut, you get the same result. Don't ask how I know.

  • When someone says they have to go catch a bus, am I the only one who imagines how big that net would have to be?

  • Sometimes I have no filter. I open my mouth, then later I'm like, "I can't believe I said that." I can't help but wonder where God is when this happens.

  • Nobody under the age of 25 remembers Grizzly Adams. I was at a friend's house and we saw her neighbor outside working on his truck, and he looked just like Grizzly Adams. So I mentioned that, and my other friend says," Who's Grizzly Adams?" The best part was that I tried to explain it to her, like she'd remember or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment