Tuesday, September 27, 2011

About Me...




  • My name is Shellye doesn’t matter.
  • I am a slacker writer.
  • Most writers have mental illness and I am no exception.
  • I have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), and panic disorder.
  • My FAVORITE season is FALL!!!
  • I’m writing a book. All of the characters in my book are a reflection or facet of me. Some are more of a reflection of me than others. Some are geared more toward facets and attributes that I wish I possessed which is why so many of my characters are doctors.
  • I am a woman who does not like to tie her shoes and I’m afraid to go to the loo by myself in my own home because there are centipedes in there.
  • I have two black & white cats, I prefer vanilla over chocolate, coffee over tea, and I love a variety of music EXCEPT FOR COUNTRY.
  • When I’m angry and need to blow off steam or solve a problem, I go the batting cages and hit until I feel better. I am a problem solver by nature. If I tell you what my problem is, I’m not venting, I want a real solution or I wouldn’t have told you about it in the first place.
  • I want to be a doctor so badly!!! I am interested in the brain and how it functions, so I would probably be an neurologist. What’s stopping me is the fact that I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and faint at the sight of needles, blood and other bodily fluids to say the least.
  • I act like I’ve got it all together, but I wear a mask like everyone else. My mask just fits a little tighter to my face than yours might. I have a hard time ripping it off when I am feeling transparent.
  • I crave solitude, but I also hate being/feeling alone.
  • I don’t typically eat breakfast. (Usually just coffee, but sometimes, I do wake up feeling hungry.)
  • I have very vivid dreams and remember every single one of them. My average dream consists of trying to ring someone, but the numbers on my mobile phone don’t come up as the ones I’ve dialed. I also dream about being able to fly.
  • I think the men who complain about their wives being unable to make a decision should take a walk in my husband’s shoes. Try being married to someone who has Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. My husband should be nominated for sainthood.
  • Sometimes I’m certain that David Bowie’s make up looks better than mine.
  • My background is mostly British. I check “other” on the ethnic background question.
  • My life is made up of compartments. I compartmentalize everything in my life in numerical or alphabetical order, by colors, by categories.
  • I think in terms of black and white, but the problem with life is that there are a lot of gray areas.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to the batting cages forever! I'm not a sports person, but there is something incredibly satisfying about smacking a baseball with a bat.

    Michael J. Fox played a doctor with OCD on Scrubs...and he was an amazing surgeon AND internal medicine doc. Sure, it was fictional, but TOTALLY could happen. Don't give up on your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for that reminder. You're right. I shouldn't give up on my dreams. I just need to find a way to get past some of my fears, or face them...

    I saw the episodes with him in them. They made me giggle! He always had to say his name. "Dr. Kevin Casey. Dr. Kevin Casey. Dr. Kevin Casey." *LOL* Thinking about it makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete