Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall Is Officially Over...


I have a Judgment House Hangover today. This usually occurs after doing six nights of Judgment House. Symptoms consist of extreme exhaustion, sadness, unusual sleep patterns, missing old and new friends, and weight gain because the guy that plays the devil is a chef! (Not to mention he likes to make desserts.) So I'm there. I'm sad. Don't get me wrong, I love Winter, but I'm at the slump between Fall and Winter where there's really nothing to do. Once Thanksgiving arrives, things will pick up. Although with our financial situation, I doubt we will have a Thanksgiving, and I'm certain we won't have Christmas this year either. Christmas really is more for children, but I can't help but feel sad about the certainty that is poverty. *sighs* Anyway, the Fall decorations are still up, so I'll be enjoying them until the day after Thanksgiving.

I'm still not feeling 100%. I'm on week five of coughing, sneezing, aching, etc. I haven't had a fever since the third week, which is good. I just wish I could get completely better! The worst part is that my cough hasn't improved very much. My eyes have been burning severely (probably from lack of sleep) and my nose is red and sore from constant tissue usage. (I've plowed through two big boxes and I need to get another box. I just wish this illness were over with already!

My house is a wreck and I don't feel like cleaning it. I think I've gone mad. All I want to do is escape to my lovely world of writing. I LOVE WRITING! I live vicariously through my characters. I often daydream about the world they live in and what they will do next. I get to do things in my book that I can't do in real life, like raising children. I can be anything I want to be, even a hyperpolyglot. There are times when I can't wait to get home to write my thoughts and ideas about the characters down. I'll be at work or at church daydreaming about what the characters were getting into. It's strange. It poses some inquiries about myself, my life. Ready for the big question?

Is my life that bad or am I that creative? I think it's a valid question. Any answers would be quite helpful.

That's enough whinging for now. So many lives were changed and souls were saved during Judgment House this year. Even though I'm quite exhausted, I could have went on a few more days.

So, let's put an end to the beauty that Fall is by looking at some lovely pics. There is one thing about winter that I'm looking forward to...making homemade chex mix and cookies!









Fall Snow...









Beautiful crimson corridors beckon me
Amber fields wave to me gently
Mourning doves sigh, fall is here
And winter is on its way.






I'll miss the leaves crunching under my feet...







Fog in the Fall is beautiful!










Harvest Moon...
















Love among the leaves...















October, October,
March to the dull and sober!
The suns of may for the school girls play,
But give to the boys October!
October, October!







































Have a great evening!

5 comments:

  1. Feel better soon, I hope! Love the photos. We don't really get fall here...it was in the 50s earlier this weekend, but tomorrow there is a high of 83! It just flip flops like that during fall and even into "winter" until things start to die...but not usually in the normal beautiful fall way. I wish I lived somewhere with 4 real seasons! We just get hot and less hot. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in West Virginia, we get Warm, Hot, North Hades temperatures, Construction, and Hades freezing over. We don't have a true Fall. It's 75 degrees here today, and it's boiling! (I wish I lived somewhere that was Fall and Winter all year around. Maybe I would learn to appreciate Summer. *LOL* Yeah Right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question, where does "beautiful crimson corridors beckon me......" come from? It was in a song I sang as a kid, what is it's origin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, I am so sorry I didn't see this question. It is from a song in music class. All I can remember is the chorus. October was also a song we sang in music class during elementary school.

      Delete
    2. The song your looking for is valled "Autumn" i think.....and i have been tfying like crazy to find a r3cording of it.I loved singing it as a kid. I also have no Idea who the composer is.......Aaahhhhh.

      Delete