Monday, April 2, 2012

April Has Arrived...


Tumblr_m1ti1km37w1qerbano1_500_large

April arrived yesterday, with a bang for me, anyway. I'm still recovering from my migraine. I'm doing a little better, just exhausted. And I have good reason. This first two weeks of April are just jam packed full of events.

The first thing that happens for me this week is my birthday! 

Tumblr_m1ehl1v7zs1r9h3v6o1_500_large

And since I'm getting older, I have a feeling we're going to need the fire department on hand. *lol* For those of you are wanting to know how old I am, I am going to be nice and tell you. I'm 29 for the 6th time. It's up to you to do the math.

I was born on a Tuesday. My mother says I was due on April 12th, which was also a Tuesday, but she jokingly announced that I would be arriving on the fifth, and was accused of doing something to force herself to go into labor. April 5th was also her father's birthday. He had died several years prior in a tragic work accident. I was also born on my mom's neighbor's birthday. The neighbor was like a grandmother to my mother. Her name was Kate Leffingwell. She was a very nice lady. She left us in August of 1995.

People always talk about birthday wishes, what they want for their birthdays every year. I have so many things going on that I'm not certain what to wish for, not that making a wish while blowing out the candles has some magical power. I don't know. First and foremost, I want a healthy, happy year. The biggest project I'm working on is my book series. My goal is October of 2013 to have the first book ready. I've decided to be mean and do the prequel last, like V. C. Andrews did with the Flowers in the Attic series.



But in order for my dreams to come true, I have to get out of bed. *smile* I am exhausted! But, the sooner I recover from this migraine, the better, so I can resume working on my book!

The next big event is Easter!

550_101685931_large

I thought this picture was lovely! I love to make centerpieces like the one above! Doug and I don't do anything special for Easter, really. We color eggs. I know, pathetic for a couple who has no children, thus no excuse to color eggs, but it's fun. I get real creative with it and draw designs on the eggs and write messages to my husband. It's fun. It's tradition for us.

And of course, we go to church for Easter, but not just on Easter Sunday. I sort of have a dress. I hate dresses, but I usually wear one on Easter Sunday. This year's number is a little black dress, simple, tasteful, elegant. I may wear a string of pearls to class it up a bit. Black and Gray are my favorite colors.

292291_3617758523172_1986333530_n_large

Spring is beautiful. I love seeing the kids enjoy it for sure. Easter egg hunts are so fun. My mother has a picture of me that was in the paper, where I'm probably just around one, maybe two, depending on when Easter was that year, and I'm wearing a little white dress and matching bonnet, carefully navigating my way through some tulips. I have the article in my baby book. I assume I was on an Easter Egg Hunt. I'll have to scan it, but it's a black and white picture. Not as pretty as the thought of a toddler walking through colorful tulips may sound.

206673070369861948_vo7j4k2e_c_large

Just one time, Easter has fallen on my birthday. I thought that was so cool when I was little. I was still a little tomboy, but I was so excited that when my mother took me shopping that I selected a pink and white dress with a matching hat because Easter and my birthday were the same day! I loved that dress.

255368241340827251_wd7s0mqb_f_large

This picture sort of shows some the designs I draw on the eggs prior to coloring them, but for the life of me, I've never seen black egg dye. Black and white together are so elegant.



And, finally, our last big event for the first two weeks of April is Friday the 13th!

Tumblr_ll4nk1lfve1qenkn4o1_1280_large

Many of you are wondering why I would celebrate such a thing. It's just another day that happens to be labeled as bad. Doug and I had our first date on Friday, August 13th, 1999. So every time a Friday the 13th rolls around, we go out, just because our first date was on a Friday the 13th. We still celebrate on August 13th, if it occurs on a Friday or not. And no, we don't watch Friday the 13th with Jason on it. I tried to watch those movies when I was a teenager, and I was bored out of my mind! *lol* My mother said Salem's Lot would change my life. I slept through it when I was a teenager, then again when I was an adult. But The Exorcist really scared her. It wasn't the scariest movie I have ever seen, but I can see why it upset her so.

Tumblr_lnp38vqfjy1qai4jho1_500_large

A month that begins on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th. Since we have one this month, we will also have another in July. Seriously, it's just another day. Jason does not live. Black cats are just that, cats that have black fur! I used to have several black cats that were so sweet. Walking under ladders and breaking mirror are dangerous, and common sense says you shouldn't walk under a ladder or mishandle glass! Thirteen is my favorite number because that was the day I had my first date with Doug. It's just another number, more or less. Maybe not to him or me, but it is.

That's about it for now. I need to give my right arm/hand a break. I'm going to find a snack and relax.

Tumblr_m1v1hskwxl1rq9xm4o1_500_large

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment